Taking Care of Me: Reflecting and Acknowledging
There have been incredible highs and when I felt I couldn’t get any higher or any better it DID. I’ve experienced a few lows; however I count them all joy. I’ve learned all the lessons I needed to learn along the way.
I’ll share a few:
1) Keep pushing; there is a break through coming even if you don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.
2) Keep your head up; regardless of what you think someone is watching, taking notes and finding inspiration.
3) Remember what you want and in your mind always see the full picture. Fragments of what you want are just Band-Aids and hurt just as much when removed quickly.
4) Try something new; besides getting over fears you might learn a thing or two and find out you like it.
5) Know who your true allies are; I know exactly who I’d go to war for if it became necessary and who would take up arms to protect me.
6) Finally remember to take time out for “Soul Food,” feed your spirit. As busy I am, I often forget how to relax and how to be just me. (I’ll write a blog about this later)
This first have of the year I have reached some goals, made new friends, reestablished contact with some I had lost and finally addressed some old issues in order not to deal with them again.
I’d name names, give individual acknowledgements but I know I’d forget someone or be telling too much of my business; so I’ll say this if you have been with me during this journey, Thank you. Your presence in my life is appreciated.
I can’t wait to see what happens in the 2nd half of this year.
Love Always Love Simply